Monday, March 16, 2015

Going Hollywood

Well, just today the details of the upcoming Pitch Slam were announced today.  The theme this time around is Classic Hollywood which suits me to a T.  Not only does my manuscript take place in Hollywood but I am quite the fan of classic Hollywood.  None of these means much in the long run but it makes me a little more excited about this contest than others in the past.

I've already started working on my entry emails even though the first round doesn't start until April 3.  It gives me some time to play with my thirty-five word pitch and the "favorite movie genre" question.  That one is going to be such a tough one for me.  It's like choosing a favorite child.  I have some thoughts about which direction I might go but I haven't nailed anything down yet.

Not only that but there is a trip to California in my near future.  I'm headed out the second weekend in April to visit some friends and spend some time in Los Angeles and Vegas.  I haven't seen these particular friends in five years, so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them.  And, having some fun.

Earlier tonight I found a marathon of Battle of the Network Stars on ESPN Classic.  I never got to see the show during the original run (as the last one aired in 1988 when I was nine).  I really enjoy the fun and camaraderie the stars seemed to have and seeing stars such as Doug Barr, Heather Lockler, Nancy McKeon, Tom Wopat, and on and on.  It makes me think if a similar show could work today but I don't think so.  I think the stars would ask for more money and there are too many networks now.  Back then it was the three - ABC, CBS, and NBC.

So, it's been a bit of a "Hollywood" day for me.  Looking forward to a much-needed vacation and getting into the fun of Pitch Slam!

Best of luck to everyone entering!




No comments:

Post a Comment