Thursday, August 14, 2014

Ain't No Road Too Long

I'm  having a really good time watching the many #pitchwars mentors tweet about the submissions they're receiving.  It's an interesting window into the selection process. September 3 is my "half-birthday" being selected by one of the mentors would be a great "gift".

I threw my hat in the ring for a free critique from #critsfromcait but I wasn't chosen for that.  I just need to keep plugging away and taking every opportunity I find.  One of these days I'm going to bust through a wall and everyone will wonder where I've been all this time.

When I was in college my work study job was in the scene shop of the theatre.  Every set built for every theatrical production at the school came out of that shop.  It was hard work but very rewarding when it all came together.  It was a running gag that my "forte" was using the sledgehammer to break down pieces when they were no longer in use.  I may not have a physical sledgehammer anymore but I still have one in my mind.  Every day I'm hammering at those walls standing in my way and very soon they'll be dust at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment