Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Get it Right

No matter how hard you try or how careful you are mistakes still happen.  As I said in yesterday’s log I always go back to the agent’s website before submitting to verify they’re still open to queries and to reread their submission guidelines.  Even with that extra step I still managed to foul one up.  One mistaken out of twenty-two queries isn’t bad but it’s one more than I’m happy with.

What was my mistake?  I didn’t follow the guidelines.  It wasn’t willfull and with how careful I am I don’t even know how it slipped past me.  The agent asked for a query, pages, and a summary and I only sent the query and pages.  My eyes must have somehow skipped past that bit when I was reading and rereading.


So, that’s probably a rejection right there.  So, my word of advice for the day is “don’t be your own rejection”.  Do everything you can to get it right.


No comments:

Post a Comment