Friday, August 8, 2014

My Favorite Things

I thought it would be nice to share some of the items that I always keep in reach when I'm working.  What are your favorite things?






Water - always have something to drink.  Creating your own world is very thirsty work.

Hand lotion - I don't know about you but my hands get very dry.

Back scratcher - for those hard to reach itches

Lip gloss - gotta keep moisturized

Emery board - to ease any jagged nails.




Source books:

For this particular project I used Celtic Names for Children (this is a book that Laurell K. Hamilton uses as well),The Writer's Digest Character Naming Sourcebook, and Greek Mythology (An Encyclopedia Of Myth And Legend)

Some might say "I don't need a character naming book - I already know their names".  That's all fine and dandy but they're a great help.  You never know what you're going to need or what could help you.  For example - I used the Greek book to  help me name a planet.




Of course you don't want to fill up your hard drive with your epic manuscript so these come in very hand.  I had to have the Superman one - it was necessary.


A small notebook to carry around with you is a great help.  Any time I had an idea while away from home I could jot it down so I wouldn't forget.  Lifesaver.  I'd like to thank my friend Stefanie for sending me this one from Paris.



And, finally, it's all about setting the mood.  Do you need to work in silence?  With the lights out?  I like to have my music going while I work.  In fact, some of the songs actually inspired me and helped create parts of my manuscript.

So, those are a few of my favorite things.  I'd love to hear about yours.  Tomorrow I'll highlight the shop where I got my awesome beta reader/proofreader gifts.




No comments:

Post a Comment