Monday, August 18, 2014

Drop That Name

Before I started the query process my plan was to make my twitter private and open a second twitter with my pen name.  But, I may have painted myself into a corner without meaning to.  I came up with that idea before I knew about #pitchwars and all of the great agents and authors on twitter.  Before I knew it I was making contacts and friends I never imagined I would be.  And, I don't think I'd have it any other way.

It still raises the conundrum of what to do.  Do I continue to use the same twitter I've been using for future fans and any events related to my book?  Both have their pros and cons and there really isn't a "right" answer to this one.  Whatever I decide will simply have to be the right answer.

I've already decided how I want to be known professionally but I haven't worked that into any conversations yet either.  That one will probably have to wait until an agent actually asks for a full or partial manuscript.  Those kinds of issues can definitely wait for now.

Would love to hear any thoughts on the subject on either side.  Feel free to jump into the discussion!


No comments:

Post a Comment