Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Colors of My Life

After writing about a dozen posts I decided it was about time to introduce myself to my readers.  As you can tell by the name on the blog my name is Kristin and I am a 1997 of Steinert High School in Hamilton Square, NJ.  I am a life-long Hamilton resident and it's hard to imagine living anywhere else.

After Steinert I moved on to Cedar Crest College in Allentown, PA where I graduated with a BA in Fine Arts with a concentration in creative writing in 2004.  I value my time at Cedar Crest because it is what helped shape me into the person today.  I was much better off being a "big fish in a small pond" than the other way around.  When I graduated my adviser gave me a gift - you don't find that everywhere.

I worked retail for several years before landing a sales job with a plastics company.  Eighteen months later the company was moving and I ended up back in retail.  A year later the store I worked at was closing and I needed to find new employment.  Which is how I ended up with the job I have now.  Six years ago I started as sales assistant for a steel company and a year ago I was promoted to the billing clerk.

I've started writing when I was a sophomore in high school when I was injured and had to sit out of gym class and other activities for a whole semester.  I needed a new outlet and started writing episodes of Power Rangers.  Don't laugh - my younger sister was watching and I figured I could do better than what they were airing.

Other than writing my loves include pop culture (films, television, etc), reading, Broadway, and pretty much anything Superman related.  It would probably take more than a year to have a marathon of all the Superman DVDs I have.  I also love my cats more than I probably should - they're my furry children.





No comments:

Post a Comment